Research Staff — PhD, MTech
I joined Geoenvironmental Research Center (GRC) in Nov. 2010 and am currently involved in Seren project. SEREN is £10 million European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) funded project. I lead the Ground Source Heat pump package and my current primary responsibilities are to ensure effective alignment and address expertise gaps for on-going and new research work and providing strategic leadership and guidance in developing, implementing a coherent research for sustainable intensification in the Ground source heat pump technology for Small and Medium scale enterprises.
Prior to joining Cardiff University, I worked at Bauhaus Universität Weimar, Germany (Jan.2007-Dec.2008). There I worked to understand the physico-chemical behaviour of compacted bentonites and bentonite-sand mixtures for barrier design of nuclear waste disposal system.
My work experiences include area of low carbon technology, nuclear waste disposal system, and contaminated soil behaviour and remediation, a PhD in Engineering (Geo-environmental Engineering) and a certification in “Leadership and Management Development Programme for Research Team Leaders”.
Reviewer of Journals
- Canadian Geotechnical Journal, published by NRC, Canada.
- Soils and Foundation published by Japanese Geotechnical Society.
- Ground Improvement published by Thomas Telford.
- Acta Geotechnica, Springer publication.
- Nguyen Tuan Long: Numerical Modelling and parameter optimization of constitutive models of THM process (Master Level Program) – Co-Guide ( Prof. Tom Schanz and Dr. Maria Datcheva)