Mine water heat seminar
On the 16th of May, the Seren project will be hosting a free seminar on mine source heating.
Rising energy costs and environmental concerns are driving engineering innovation to produce solutions reducing energy consumption. Crucially, mine water initiatives can provide a focus for sustainable regeneration of former mining areas, demonstrating a low carbon and renewable energy resource that can deliver heating and cooling for communities, industrial schemes and commercial development.
These schemes may facilitate large district heating networks serving the local community, and address critical issues such as fuel poverty and social deprivation.
- Dr Ron Loveland (Welsh Government)
- Professor HR Thomas (Pro Vice chancellor and director of the GRC, Cardiff University)
- Mr Leigh Sharp (Coal Authority)
- Mr Gareth Farr (BGS)
- Mr Michael Jenkins (Bridgend CBC)
- Mr David Tucker (WDS Green Energy Ltd)
Lunch and networking will follow the event and refreshments will be provided.