Cardiff University and Vision2020: The Horizon Network invite you to join representatives of the European Commission, industry, public sector and academia to discuss the key research and innovation challenges in creating a ‘European Energy Union’ and how the Horizon 2020 programme is aligned to meeting those challenges.
The event takes place at the advent of the publication of new Horizon 2020 Work Programmes for 2016 & 2017, which include €1.3bn of funding for the ‘Secure, clean and efficient energy’ societal challenge.
- Professor Hywel Thomas, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research, Innovation and Engagement, Cardiff University
- Eric Lecomte, European Commission, DG Energy
- Michele D’Ercole, GE Oil & Gas
- Ron Loveland, Energy Advisor to the Welsh Government
- Stefano Carosio, Innovation Manager D’Appolonia S.p,A; Energy Efficient Buildings Association; European Construction Technology Platform
- Viola Augstein, Operations Manager, ‘Energy Generation and Supply’ Knowledge Transfer Network, Innovate UK
- Geraint Green, Welsh European Funding Office
- Alan Haigh, Head of Department - Horizon 2020, European Commission, Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA)
- Helen Fairclough, UK National Contact Point for Horizon 2020 Energy
- Ari Pouttu, Research Director, Communications Engineering, University of Oulu; Project coordinator of “P2P-SmarTest - Peer to Peer Smart Energy Distribution Networks”
- Tim Davies, Chief Technical Officer, Green Biologics Ltd; Project coordinator of “ButanexT - Next Generation of Bio-butanol”
Tea and coffee will be provided and there will be opportunity for networking after the event.
Further information on the event and how to register can be found on Eventbrite